Closing Date: 30 December 2016
Standard Bank is looking for Teller in its East London Branch, the Tellers responsibility will be providing a consistently high quality frontline transaction service to customers encompassing the cashing of cheques, acceptance of deposits and the provision of change.
- 1 year Branch banking experience would be an advantage
- Attends to cheque encashment, Plus Plan withdrawals etc., according to laid-down procedures as stipulated in Group Reference Guide (GRG).
- Attends to change transactions.
- Accepts cheque and/or cash deposits, according to laid-down procedures as stipulated in GRG.
- Ensures that cheques included in deposits are checked in terms of Duty of Care obligations.
- Ensures that all items cashed are within laid-down limits and refers all transactions exceeding limits to the appropriate area for authorisation.
- Ensures that items cashed are technically correct and signed, according to laid-down instructions as per GRG.
- Prepares contingency schedules and capture as per point of reference structure.
- Attends to value transactions
- Assists with cash transactions captured by employees that do not operate tills.
Control of Cash:
- Ensures that all laid-down policies and procedures regarding the handling, locking away and security of cash are adhered to.
- Ensures that cash holdings are kept within prescribed limits at all times.
- Balances cash daily and report any differences promptly.
- Ensures that no unauthorised items are held as cash.
Custodianship (where applicable):
- Acts as primary custodian of Automated Teller Machine (ATM)/Auto Note Acceptor Machine (ANA) keys.
- Acts as primary custodian for the ANA/ATM (KABA) Automatic time delay lock pass code.
ATM/ANA Daily Maintenance:
- Ensure ATM/ANA machine are clear of cash jams and retained cards to increase uptime, as and when required.
- Replenishes ATM/ANA stationery.
- Ensures maximum up-time by reporting systems or technical problems to ATM Control immediately and follow up in need to ensure that corrective action is taken..
- Ensures that the print on transaction records is legible for all ATM/ANA terminals.
- Ensures that all ATM/ANA terminals are kept clean externally and internally at all times.
Automated Teller Machine (ATM)/ ANA Terminals (where applicable):
- Controls ATM keys according to laid-down instructions.
- Adheres to laid-down instructions regarding the control, movement and take-over of cash.
- Undertakes ATM contingency procedures.
- Replenishes ATM cash according to laid-down instructions.
- Ensures canisters hold sufficient cash for weekends and public holidays.
- Monitors cash levels and clear/order cash in line with ICM forecasting to ensure holdings are sufficient to meet business needs and fall within prescribed limits at all times.
- Sweep ANA machine daily and balance on NDS Desktop against sweep.
- Balances the cash in all ANA’s and ATM’s on a bi-weekly basis.
- Completes and balances ATM cash specification.
- Releases cash paid out figures.
- Ensure good quality notes are loaded to ATM/ANA Machines.