Closing Date: 31 August 2015
Northern Cape SAPS: Basic Police Development Learning Programme 2016
The South African Police Service invites applications from all races and gender for Enlistment in the Basic Police Development Learning Programme from young, energetic, intelligent, physically and mentally fit individuals, dedicated to serving their country by pursuing a career in policing.
Basic enlistment requirements: Young South African men and women who apply to be appointed as a member in terms of the South African Police Service Act, 1995 (Act no 68 of 1995) must:
- Apply on the form determined by the National Commissioner and affirm under oath or by way of a solemn declaration that the particulars furnished in the application, are the truth and correct;
- Be a South African citizen of which documentary proof must be furnished;
- Be at least eighteen (18) and under thirty (30) years of age of which documentary proof must be furnished;
- Be in possession of a Grade 12 school certificate or National Certificate (Vocational) Safety in Society of which documentary proof must be furnished (2015 matriculates are welcome to apply and before enlistment proof of successful completion of Grade 12 (Senior Certificate) must be submitted. As an interim arrangement kindly submit proof of last school report); Preference will be given to applicants who are in possession of at least a light vehicle driver’s licence;
- Submit himself or herself to a physical medical examination as determined by the National
- Commissioner and must be found to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in the post for which he or she applies;
- Undergo a psychological assessment as determined by the National Commissioner and be found to comply with the profile of a police official;
- Proficient in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English;
- Be prepared to take the oath of office;
- Be prepared to undergo such training as determined by the National Commissioner;
- Not have any tattoo marks of which will be visible when wearing the SAPS summer uniform;
- Have no previous criminal convictions and / or pending criminal, civil, disciplinary cases
- and such person shall allow his or her fingerprints to be taken and allow background enquiries to be made; Not have been declared unfit to possess a firearm and
- Be prepared to serve anywhere in the Republic.
Body Mass Index of less than 30 / Waist circumference ≤ 102 cm (males) and ≤ 88 cm (females)
All applicants will be subjected to a fitness, psychometric and integrity testing as well as medical evaluation and will be interviewed during the recruitment, selection and enlistment process. The SAPS will also verify the criminal record, qualifications, driver’s license, citizenship and residential address of each applicant.
Applicants in possession of valid driver’s license for at least a light motor vehicle will have an added advantage.
Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification. Applicants who previously served in a Government Department and who were dismissed as a result of misconduct are excluded. The SAPS will also publish the names of applicants on the SAPS Website and in the newspapers for public comments.
Applicants will undergo a Final Selection Phase (“Grooming Phase”) at a venue and period as determined by the National Commissioner, to select the successful applicants.
In view of the physical demands of the Basic Police Development Learning Programme, applicants with chronic diseases, physical impairments or any other health condition that may lead to interruption of the training programme, will be excluded from participation in the programme. Such applicants’ failure to disclose the conditions will result in their withdrawal from the programme on the determination thereof.
Selected applicants shall participate in a Basic Police Development Learning Programme (hereafter referred to as the PROGRAMME) for a period of 24 (twenty four) months.
The PROGRAMME shall consist of three phases:
- Academy Phase: Ten months training at a designated SAPS Academy;
- Field Police Development Phase: Twelve months training at a designated Field Police Development police station;
- Integrated Assessment Phase: Two months assessment at a designated SAPS Academy.
During the Academy Phase of the PROGRAMME the Service shall provide free training gear, meals and accommodation to the police trainee. During the Field Police Development Phase of the PROGRAMME the police trainee shall be responsible for his / her own meals and accommodation;
Trainees will also receive medical aid benefits for the duration of the 24-month Basic Training Learning Programme. Upon successful completion of the Basic Training Learning Programme trainees will be considered for permanent appointment as members of the SAPS. Remuneration (on completion of the training period) will be on the first notch of Band A (currently R142 140 per annum). In addition to this, appointees will receive the applicable service benefits.
Core Functions: Successful candidates will serve as functional police officials. As such, they will be deployed to carry out one or more of the following functions:
- Prevent, combat and investigate crime,
- Maintain public order,
- Protect and secure the inhabitants of the Republic and their property,
- Uphold and enforce the law
309 entry-level posts are available in the Basic Police Development Learning Programme.
The posts available in the Limpopo Province are as follows:
|Calvinia SAPS [x2]NC T1 / 7 / 2015|
|Fraserburg SAPS [x2]NC T2 / 7 / 2015|
|Loeriesfontein SAPS [x2]NC T3 / 7 / 2015|
|Middelpos SAPS [x3]NC T4 / 7 / 2015|
|Nieuwoudtville SAPS [x1]NC T5 / 7 / 2015|
|Sutherland SAPS [x3]NC T6 / 7 / 2015|
|Williston SAPS [x2]NC T7 / 7 / 2015|
|NAME OF CLUSTER: CARNARVON – 10 postsCarnavon SAPS [x2]NC T8 / 7 / 2015|
|Loxton SAPS [x2]NC T9 / 7 / 2015|
|Van Wyksvlei SAPS [x2]NC T10 / 7 / 2015|
|Vosburg SAPS [x4]NC T11 / 7 / 2015|
|NAME OF CLUSTER: DE AAR – 10 postsBritstown SAPS [x1]NC T12 / 7 / 2015|
|Colesberg SAPS [x3]NC T13 / 7 / 2015|
|Petrusville SAPS [x2]NC T14 / 7 / 2015|
|Sunrise SAPS [x1]NC T15 / 7 / 2015|
|Victoria West [x3]NC T16 / 7 / 2015|
|NAME OF CLUSTER: GALESHEWE- 5 postsGaleshewe SAPS [x5]NC T17 / 7 / 2015|
|NAME OF CLUSTER: HOPETOWN- 6 postsBelmont SAPS [x1]NC T18 / 7 / 2015|
|Hopetown SAPS [x3]NC T19 / 7 / 2015|
|Strydenburg SAPS [x2]NC T20 / 7 / 2015|
|NAME OF CLUSTER: KAKAMAS -14 postsAugrabies SAPS [x4]NC T21 / 7 / 2015|
|Kakamas SAPS [x3]NC T22 / 7 / 2015|
|Keimoes SAPS [x2]NC T23 / 7 / 2015|
|Kenhardt SAPS [x5]NC T24 / 7 / 2015|
|NAME OF CLUSTER: KATHU -14 postsDeben SAPS [x4]NC T25 / 7 / 2015|
|Kathu SAPS [x9]NC T26 / 7 / 2015|
|Olifantshoek SAPS [x1]NC T27 / 7 / 2015|
|NAME OF CLUSTER: KIMBERLEY – 15 postsKimberley SAPS [x10]NC T28 / 7 / 2015|
|Modderrivier SAPS [x4]NC T29 / 7 / 2015|
|Plooysburg SAPS [x1]NC T30 / 7 / 2015|
|NAME OF CLUSTER: KURUMAN – 7 postsHeuningvlei SAPS [x2]NC T31 / 7 / 2015|
|Mothibistad SAPS [x2]NC T32 / 7 / 2015|
|Severn SAPS [x2]NC T33 / 7 / 2015|
|Van Zylsrus SAPS [x1]NC T34 / 7 / 2015|
|NAME OF CLUSTER: POFADDER – 19 postsAggeneys SAPS [x2]NC T35 / 7 / 2015|
|Onseepkans SAPS [x4]NC T36 / 7 / 2015|
|Pella SAPS [x5]NC T37 / 7 / 2015|
|Pofadder SAPS [x8]NC T38 / 7 / 2015|
|NAME OF CLUSTER: PORT NOLLOTH -11 postsAlexander Bay SAPS [x2]NC T39 / 7 / 2015|
|Kleinsee SAPS [x1]NC T40 / 7 / 2015Port Nolloth SAPS [x8]NC T41 / 7 / 2015|
|NAME OF CLUSTER: POSTMASBURG – 8 postsDanielskuil SAPS [x4]NC T42 / 7 / 2015|
|Lime Acres SAPS [x3]NC T43 / 7 / 2015|
|Postmasburg SAPS [x1]NC T44 / 7 / 2015|
|NAME OF CLUSTER: PRIESKA – 5 posts Marydale SAPS [x1]NC T45 / 7 / 2015|
|Niekerkshoop SAPS [x2] NC T46 / 7 / 2015Prieska SAPS [x2] NC T47 / 7 / 2015|
|NAME OF CLUSTER: SPRINGBOK – 37 postsGaries SAPS [x5]NC T48 / 7 / 2015|
|Hondeklip Bay SAPS [x9]NC T49 / 7 / 2015|
|Kammieskroon SAPS [x4]NC T50 / 7 / 2015|
|Kommagas SAPS [x3]NC T51 / 7 / 2015|
|Nababeep SAPS [x5]NC T52 / 7 / 2015|
|Steinkopf SAPS [x5]NC T53 / 7 / 2015|
|Vioolsdrift SAPS [x6]NC T54 / 7 / 2015|
|NAME OF CLUSTER: UPINGTON – 49 postsGroblershoop SAPS [x2]NC T55 / 7 / 2015|
|Kanoneiland SAPS [x2]NC T56 / 7 / 2015|
|Noenieput SAPS [x4]NC T57 / 7 / 2015|
|Rietfontein SAPS [x4]NC T58 / 7 / 2015Rosedale SAPS 3 [x3]NC T59 / 7 / 2015|
|Upington SAPS [x2]NC T60 / 7 / 2015|
|Witdraai SAPS [x2]NC T61 / 7 / 2015|
|NAME OF CLUSTER: PORT OF ENTRY- 55 postsAlexander Bay Land Port [x3]NC T62 / 7 / 2015|
|Gemsbok Land Port [x3]NC T63 / 7 / 2015|
|Nakop Land Port 1 [x7]NC T64 / 7 / 2015|
|Onseepkans Land Port [x2]NC T65 / 7 / 2015|
|Rietfontein Land Port [x2]NC T66 / 7 / 2015|
|Sendelingsdrift Land Port [x5]NC T67 / 7 / 2015|
|Tweerivieren Land Port [x4]NC T68 / 7 / 2015|
|Upington International Airport [x6]NC T69 / 7 / 2015|
|Vioolsdrift Land Port 1 [x3]NC T70 / 7 / 2015|
|CRIME INTELLIGENCE – 29 postsProvincial Crime Intelligence: Overt Operational Intelligence & Analysis Coordination [x2]NC T71 / 7 / 2015|
|Provincial Crime Intelligence: Crime Intelligence Cluster Coordination [x2]NC T72 / 7 / 2015|
|Provincial Crime Intelligence: Overt Operations [x2]NC T73 / 7 / 2015|
|Provincial Crime Intelligence: Counter Intelligence [x2]NC T74 / 7 / 2015|
|Provincial Crime Intelligence: Security Intelligence [x2]NC T75 / 7 / 2015|
|Provincial Crime Intelligence: Covert Team 1 [x2]NC T76 / 7 / 2015|
|Provincial Crime Intelligence: Covert Team 2 [x2]NC T77 / 7 / 2015|
|Provincial Crime Intelligence: Surveillance [x2]NC T78 / 7 / 2015|
|Kimberley CI [x2]NC T79 / 7 / 2015|
|Galeshewe CI [x3]NC T80 / 7 / 2015|
|Hartswater CI [x1]NC T81 / 7 / 2015|
|Kuruman CI [x1]NC T82 / 7 / 2015|
|Postmasburg CI [x1]NC T83 / 7 / 2015|
|Kakamas CI [x1]NC T84 / 7 / 2015|
|De Aar CI [x1]NC T85 / 7 / 2015|
|Springbok CI [x2]NC T86 / 7 / 2015|
|Calvinia CI [x1]NC T87 / 7 / 2015|
How To Apply
SAPS Application FormComplete an application form in your own handwriting. These application forms can be obtained from your nearest SAPS Recruitment office or the Human Resource Official at local Police Stations as well as the SAPS Website.
Applicants must take note of the fact that application forms and employment are not for sale and any payment offered by an applicant or promises provided in this regard will be investigated and may lead to criminal prosecution. Applicants may report such incidents to the National Anti Corruption Line at telephone number: 0800 701 701.
Specify the post which you are applying for.
Make sure you have signed your application form in front of a commissioner of oath.
Attach certified copies of your: * ID Document, * Driver’s licence, * Matric / Senior Certificate (Grade 12 certificate), * Additional qualifications, * Proof of residence.
Applicants who were subjected to the psychometric assessment and fit the profile will be requested, when undergoing the fitness assessment, to submit four (4) colour ID photographs, of which one will be utilized for the application form, one for the fitness assessment form, one for the interview form and one for the medical assessment form.
You are advised to apply for posts within your province, close to your place of residence.
Application forms must be hand delivered to the relevant Recruitment Office:
- The Provincial Head: Personnel Management: Locked Silver Container at entrance, or Private Bag X5001, Kimberley 8300
- The Section Commander: Human Resource Management, Hantam Street, Calvinia SAPS or Private Bag X28, Calvinia 8190
- The Section Commander: Human Resource Management, 20 Schreider Street, De Aar SAPS or Private Bag X1003, De Aar 7000
- The Section Commander: Human Resource Management, 14 Voortrekker Street, Kuruman SAPS or Private Bag X906, Kuruman 8460
- The Section Commander: Human Resource Management, 25 Voortrekker Street, Springbok SAPS or Private Bag X12, Springbok 8240
- The Section Commander: Human Resource Management, Room A2, Ground Floor, Professional Building, 18 Schoeder Street, Upington or Private Bag X5986, Upington 8800
Enquiries: Major Senti / Lt Ncoko / PO Syfers / PO Lebere / PO Raaf (Provincial Recruitment Office)
Tel: (053) 839 3724 / 3776 Captain Enslin / PO Mbedla (De Aar): Tel: (053) 632 9541 SPO Plessie / SPO van Wyk (Upington): Tel: (054) 337 5863 W / O Young (Springbok): Tel: (027) 718 9129 PO Gaborone (Kuruman): Tel: (053) 712 9800 PO Bra ndt (Calvinia): Tel: (027) 341 2396
Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. The South African Police Service is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity through the filling of these posts. The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill the advertised posts. If you have not received feedback from the South African Police Service within 3 months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful