ABOUT THE COMPANY – SANTAM
Santam, founded in 1918, is a top general and short-term insurance provider in South Africa, with over 22% of the market share. The financial services group is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), and has 5 core business units, which include: Santam Commercial; Santam Personal; Santam Specialist; Santam RE and MiWay.
The company is headquartered in Cape Town, but also has business interests in other african countries, including Zimbabwe; Zambia; Uganda; Malawi and Tanzania.
In 2018, Santam launched their Skills Development Academy and a bursary programme in celebration of the companies 100th birthday.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Santam will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study (Bachelor’s degree/ Postgraduate Diploma/ Honours degree):
- Risk Management
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, stationery, accommodation in residence or equivalent private accommodation and meals.
After graduation, bursary recipients may be offered a position within the Santam graduate programme, which may then qualify them as relationship managers and underwriters in the short-term insurance industry. If chosen, students will be required to work for Santam for the equal number of years of funded received.
Applicants can expect to receive the outcome of their application via email by 21 December 2020. If you have not received any correspondence by 15 January 2021, please contact StudyTrust.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Will be in your 2nd/ 3rd/ final year of undergraduate studies OR will be doing an Honours degree next year
- Studying at a recognised public University within South Africa
- Interested in a career within the short-term insurance industry
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in your undergraduate degree and in the latest exams
- Strong academic potential
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: https://leap.ly/campaign/study-trust
You will be required to Register an account before you can Login and apply. This is the preferred method of application.
2) By downloading and completing the StudyTrust Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Only for current Matric students and Gap year students who do NOT have internet access. A valid email address is required.
Applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com or faxed to 086 538 1537.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online or hardcopy application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of provisional admission to a tertiary institution
- Curriculum Vitae
- Photo of you (head and shoulders only)
- Testimonial from an Educational Official
- Parents/ guardians/ household proof of income (salary or wage slips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ affidavit stating annual income if self-employed/ 3 months most recent bank statements or latest audited financial statement if they own a business/ SASSA letter stating grants received if applicable/ death certificate if deceased/ letter from the court stating child support amount if parents are divorced or affidavit from parent stating the child support amount received if parents are separated)
30 September 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact StudyTrust directly:
Fax: 086 538 1537
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / applications@StudyTrust.org.za
Please Share with your friends