CLOSING DATE: 15 MAY 2015
Applicants are Invited to apply to study towards the Diploma in Nursing (Psychiatric.Community and Midwifery) in 2016 at one of the Gauteng Nursing Colleges:
- Ann LatskyNursing College
- CMs Hani Baragwanath Nursing College
- SG Lourens Nursing College
- Must be a South African citizen, 35 years of age or younger who resides inthe Gauteng Province
- In possession of one of the following school leaving certificates:
- A Senior Certificate, a National Senior Certificate or a National Certificate (Vocational) Primary Health. The following subject criteria are required: Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C and an M score of 15
- National Senior Certificate: English Level 4, Life Sciences Level4 and an APS of 25
- National Certificate (Vocational) Primary Health: Fundamental subjects 50%and Vocational subjects 60%
- Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements in their Grade 11 marks.
Competencies And Attributes
- Problem-solving ability
- Love of people
- Organisational ability
- Leadership ability
- A sense of humour
- Calmness duringa crisis
- Communication, numeracy and life skills
- Computer literacy
- Study skills
- Compassionate and caring Individuals who are prepared and willing to work night duty weekendsand public holidays are invited to apply for a limited number of Student Nurse posts. All short-listed candidates will undergo a compulsory assessment and following further shortlistingan interview.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo medical surveillance. including a medicalexamination and security verification of all documentation.
NOTE: Applicants will be required to submit documents as proof of identification, marital status.school leaving certificates, post-school qualifications and South African Nursing Council registrationcertifications and receipts as relevant.
SUCCESSFULL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED:
- To sign an agreement with the Department of Health to serve a year for every year spent in training
- To attend lectures to absorb essential information
- To gain invaluable experience by working shifts. including public holidays, weekends and nights
- To work In hospitals and clinics in the following disciplines: General, psychiatric.community and midwifery.
ENQUIRIES: Call Centre: 086042883641 Ms IC Mngomezulu. tel. (01 1) 355 3514or Ms R Naidoo. tel. (011) 355 3847
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online on the following