ABOUT THE COMPANY – NEDBANK
The history of Nedbank dates back to 1831 when the Cape of Good Hope Bank was established. Following numerous name changes; structural changes and rebranding; the Nedbank Group was then formed in 2003.
As one of the four largest banks in South Africa, Nedbank is also one of the newest. The bank is present in 6 countries within the Southern African Development Community (SADC), as well as owning banks and subsidiaries in Zimbabwe, Namibia, Mozambique, Swaziland, Malawi and Lesotho.
The services offered by the bank include wholesale and retail banking services, wealth management offering, insurance and asset management.
In 1969, Nedbank listed their ordinary shares on the JSE Limited – today they are within the “Top 40” companies on the JSE and boast a market capitalisation of R93 billion.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
Each year, Nedbank awards bursaries to students in financial need who are studying or wish to study towards an undergraduate degree or diploma qualification, but are lacking the financial means to do so. Bursaries will be awarded within scare skills fields, and selection will be based on academic performance and financial need.
The Nedbank bursary will provide coverage for tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, meals, accommodation and a monthly allowance to cover additional study related expenses.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted – if you have not received any feedback by the end of 2019, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric in the last 2 years
- Studying OR have registered to study towards a “scarce skill” undergraduate degree or diploma qualification
- Studying OR have registered to study full-time at a South Africa public University/ University of Technology
- Achieved a minimum average of 65% in your current year of study (Matric or tertiary)
- Passed Mathematics in Matric (not Mathematical Literacy)
- Meet your University/ University of Technology entrance requirements (of your selected University)
- Proven financial need
- NOT currently in receipt of any other bursary funding
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Nedbank Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary results, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (3 months latest payslips/ proof of grant/ affidavit if unemployed/ death certificate if deceased)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Post/ hand delivery:
Group Human Resources
Nedbank 135 Rivonia Road
E Block, 5th Floor
ATTN: Nedbank External Bursary Department
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Nedbank directly:
Tel: 011 885 3908
Fax: 011 885 2927
Please Share with your friends