Nedbank’s Group Technology division invites applications for the 2016 Information Technology Business Learnership Programme (ITBLP) in Gauteng.
Leading companies from the Information & Communication Technology (ICT) and banking sectors, in partnership with the Belgium Campus, offer an ICT qualification of a high standard to talented South African youngsters.
The ITBLP qualification and associated learning programme is aligned to the ICT skills needs of the ICT and banking industries. The learning programme consists of the following courses: Programming, Java, Computer Network & Security; Mainframe; Microsoft.net; Oracle; COBOL; Business Analysis, Project Management and Business Intelligence. Learners will at the end of the programme, obtain a National Diploma/Certificate in Information and Communication Technology Studies.
The duration of the learnership is 24 months – comprised of 12 months of theoretical learning and 12 months workplace learning. This base will give Learners an opportunity to upgrade their qualification into a degree.
The ITBLP offers limited opportunities to applicants who satisfy the following admission requirements:
- South Africans who have matriculated and meet the minimum entry requirements for higher education as set out by the Department of Education, with above level 5 (C Higher Grade or B Lower Grade) pass in Mathematics and English.
- Applicants may not be involved in any other studies from 01 January 2016 and 31 December 2017
- May not currently be participating, or previously have participated in, a learnership programme.
- Applicants must be willing to study and stay in the Gauteng Province.
- Applicants must be willing to undergo screening assessments.
- Applicants must have no bad credit rating.
- Applicants must have no criminal record.
- Applicants must be South African citizen.
- Mathematical Literacy will not be considered.
- Persons with disabilities must provide a medical certificate confirming the nature of the disability.
If vacant posts are available, employment will be offered on successful completion of the learnership.
How to apply
Applications close on 28 August 2015. Click here to apply online