National Treasury has set up a financial internship programme to manage capacity building in municipalities. Interns will undergo practical experience and further training in strategic reforms in municipal finance. This appointment will be valid for one year with a possible extension of a further year. Opportunities are available for Finance as well as Internal Audit graduates.
Date of acceptance: 1 June 2017 or as soon as possible
Salary: R 100 000.00 annually – stipend (as set out in the National Treasury Guidelines for the Implementation of MFMIP)
- A three-year Bachelor’s Degree / National Diploma with major concentrations in Economics, Accounting or Finance, Internal Auditing or Risk Management
- Proficiency in at least two (2) of the official languages of the Western Cape (Afrikaans/English/Xhosa – Speak, Read and Write)
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications)
- High level of responsibility and ability to give attention to detail
- Accountancy and numeracy skills
- Report writing skills
- Basic knowledge of monthly reconciliations
- Knowledge and or experience with regards to Internal Audit processes
- Good communication skills
Key Performance Areas:
- Assisting in the implementation of accepted municipal accounting practice and budgetary reforms
- Training in the key performance areas of Internal Audit
- Reconciliations and financial analysis
- Electronic collection of financial data
- Internal Audit
How to apply
Closing Date is 05 May 2017 at 15:30.
A covering letter with three contactable references, must accompany the completed prescribed application form (available on request at Tel. 022 913 6000 or click here to download) with certified copies of the necessary qualification certificates and a Curriculum Vitae, to reach the Municipal offices, Piketberg or mailed to P.O. Box 60, Piketberg 7320 for the attention of Ms AG Louw (Manager: Human Resources) by no later than the closing date. No faxes or electronic mail will be accepted.
Enquiries: Ms J Erasmus / Mr G Goliath at (022) 913 6000
Via – Bergrivier Municipality