Position:Chief Engineer: Engineer
Department: Water and Sanitation
Salary:R555 204 – R720 696 per annum (plus benefits)
- BEng / BTech degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent NQF Level 7 qualification
- Professional Registration (or eligibility to be registered) with the Engineering Council of SA Applicable driver’s license
- Computer literacy
- Advance Project Management Certificate (NQF 5) will be an advantage
- 6 years’ experience in a similar environment (Experience to be specific) (Water and sanitation design environment and project management), of which 2 years in management
- Apply well developed analysis skills together with critical thinking in order to contribute to building strategic capability of the division
- Provide overall direction for design and management of programmes and projects to ensure that projects are implemented according to prescribed standards and guidelines and that best project management practices are applied
- Comply with legislation and organisational policy in order to effectively contribute towards meeting organisational objectives
- Apply good work ethics to provide the most cost effective service in order to get “value for money” for goods and services rendered
- Deliver on service level agreements that are aligned with the Batho Pele principles, monitor feedback and ensure continued customer satisfaction
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to submit their CV’s by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries: Tel: (011) 999 6356
Please quote reference number on application.
Note:The successful candidate who does not have the NQF Level 5 Finance Management qualification will be required to obtain it, in terms of the National Treasury Requirement.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications, identity documents, driver’s license (if applicable) and current professional registration (if applicable), are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.