The National Metrology Institute of South Africa (NMISA) invites applications for undergraduate bursary opportunities.
NMISA is offering undergraduate bursaries at a recognised South African University. Upon completion, the bursars will be required to work one year for every year sponsored at NMISA. Successful graduates will follow an exciting career at NMISA in the Science of Accurate Measurement (Metrology). NMISA is the custodian of the South Africa national measurement standards, thus you will be working closely with experts on the realisation of the International System (SI) units in the Electricity & Magnetism division.
Bursaries are offered in the following fields of study:
- Engineering degree (Electrical, Electronic or Mecha-Electronics)
- BSc Physics
Who can apply:
- Undergraduate students who are registered fulltime at a recognised South African university in any of the fields listed above with an average of ≥ 60%
- Grade 12 learners currently studying Mathematics (Not Mathematics Literacy) and Natural Science and are able to provide grade 11 results and progress report for grade 12
- Candidates who are in possession of a grade 12 exemption certificate, with Mathematics (Not Maths Literacy) and Natural Science, with ≥ 60% marks
- Applicants must be South African Citizens
- The main criteria is academic merit and financial need
The bursary includes:
The full costs of registration and tuition; residence fees and allowance for prescribed books and necessary requirements. The successful candidates will have an opportunity to gain work experience at NMISA during vacations.
NMISA subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates who meet the requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. The NMISA Human Capital Development programme, which this Master’s Studentship forms part of, is focused on recruiting the following candidates in order of preference: African, Coloured & Indian.
Interested and suitably qualified persons MUST upload/ attach all supporting documentation required (CV, qualifications and academic records, ID etc.) when applying for the position. Only candidates with all supporting documents and completed questionnaire will be considered for the position.
How to apply
Closing date for applications is 31 July 2017. Click here to apply online