The City of Johannesburg Municipality is committed to provide skills development opportunities, not only for its employees, but also for the Johannesburg community members. The City is offering 100 bursaries to South African citizens, who permanently reside in Johannesburg, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies in 2016. Deadline for applicatios is 16 October 2015.
Criteria for selection:
- Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
- Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
- It is the student’s responsibility to seek admission with a tertiary institution.
- The bursary is for study programmes of no less than one year.
The City will fund studies in anyone of the following fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Build Environment (Architecture, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Town and Regional Planning) Commerce
- Community Services (Disaster Management, Emergency Medical Technician)
- Engineering (all Fields)
- Environmental Management
- Finance (Accounting, Auditing, Entrepreneurial/Small Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Treasury, Economists)
- Health (Nursing)
- Information Technology
- International Relations & Protocol
- Local Government Science/Political Science
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Production and Operations Management
- Quality Assurance
- Real Estate (Property Management, Property Valuation )
- SAP (Systems Applications HCM, CRM, ISU, FI, SCM, Budgeting, Cost Control & Plant Maintenance)
The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance/results. The programme covers tuition and registration fees, prescribed books and/or study material and is limited to the amount of R 25,000.00 per academic year.
How to apply
Closing date for submission is 16 October 2015. Click here to download the Bursary application form. The form is also obtainable from from:
- City of Johannesburg Customer Service Centre’s.
- Reception Area, Ground Floor A-Block, Metropolitan Centre, Braamfontein (opposite the Civic Theatre)
Certified copies of the following must accompany applications:
- Most recent academic record.
- South African Identity Document.
- Proof of residency in Johannesburg (Statement of Water and Lights, Rates and Taxes).
Completed application forms can be posted to: The Bursary Office Group Corporate and Shared Services Employee Relations and Development P.O. Box 1049 Johannesburg 2000
Or Hand delivered to:
- Any City of Johannesburg Customer Service Centre’s.
- Reception Area, Ground Floor A-Block, Metropolitan Centre, Braamfontein (opposite the Civic Theatre).
Please note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Via – City of Johannesburg