The South African Air Force is now recruiting for the 2019 Military Skills Development System (MSDS). Successful candidates will undergo full time training for two-years, during which, they will receive military and further functional training. The SA Air Force intends to capacitate the candidates to be highly skilled and disciplined military professionals and patriotic citizens.
The South African Air Force is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. The candidature of persons, whose appointment will promote representivity, will receive preference.
Candidates will be trained in the following areas:
- Airspace Controller
- Electrical Trade
- Electronic Trade
- Mechanical Trade
See what the course covers below
Free Courses for 2018 1.Diploma in Digital Marketing 2.Diploma in Nutrition 3.Diploma in Financial Trading and Investment 4.Diploma in Graphic Design 5.Diploma in Health and Fitness 6.Diploma in Web Development 7.Diploma in Weight Loss 8.Diploma in Photoshop 9.Diploma in Sports Nutrition10.Diploma in App Development 11.Diploma in Photography 12.Written English for Emails and Online Communications 13.Job Seeking and CV Presentation
Requirement (PILOTS / NAVIGATORS/ ENGINEERS)
- Members with Commercial Pilots Licence (CPL) not older than 26 years of age with no Maths and Science required.
- 26 Years if in possession of a degree with Level – 4 Maths and Science
- 18–24 Years – Completed Grade 12 or Equivalent (University Entrance) Mathematics and Physical Science minimum Level – 4 (Essential);
- English Level-4 (Essential)
- Mathematics and Physical Science (N4 to N5 minimum-60%; N6 or 1st year University of Technology or University minimum–50%)
- RSA Citizen (No dual citizenship)
- Not Area Bound
- No Criminal Record
- Physically Fit
- Medically Fit
- No Hearing Impairment (No hearing aid)
- Have 6/6-eye vision (No contact lenses or corrective lenses or surgery)
Pilots and Navigators are to comply with the following cockpit measurments
- Minimum Height –1600mm, Maximum Height –1900mm
- Minimum Weight – 53kg; Maximum – 102kg
- Grade 12 or Equivalent (Excellent Marks)
- 18–22 Years of Age
- 22–25 Years if in possession a Degree or National Diploma
- RSA Citizen no dual citizenship
How to apply
Applications close on 29 February 2018.
- Click here to download the 2019 SAAF application form ((Pilots / Navigators/ Engineers)
- Click here to download the 2019 SAAF application form (Technical).
Attach CV with certified copies of qualifications and ID to this application form and send to the Recruitment Office, SA Air Force Headquarters, Private Bag X199, Pretoria 0001.
Specific Enquiries: 012-312-2875/2319/2148/1261/2752/2665/2462
N.B.During the selections, the applicants will be subjected to Psychometric and Psychomotor evaluations; Medical Evaluation; Vetting and Verification of qualifications.
THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO EMPLOYMENT THIS APPLICATION FORM IS NOT FOR SALE!!!
Should you not hear from Department of Defence by 31 October 2018 please consider your application unsuccessful.